Sunday, May 31, 2009

Heartstrings

You know how some feelings start out slowly; tentively working their way through your body, and others just rush through you and leave you stunned like a brain freeze?
I never knew I could experience both of them over the same feeling. But I am. First time, it was the former. The feeling was shy, quiet and mostly patient. This time, the feeling just hit me head-on and left me nearly unconscious; gasping for breath.

My head yells and my heart pleads. My body is determined in not agreeing with either of them. So I am left completely stupefied; with my eyes nearly bulging out of my skull and my lips cocked in a ridiculous smile because I've no freaking clue what to do or who to listen to. So I just act cool and go with the flow.

Eventually everything will sort itself out, right?

No comments: