With people, when you haven't seen or talked to them for some time, you have that awkward feeling that you don't really know them anymore, so you've got to go through a period of small talk and chit chat before you talk about what you really want to talk to them about.
I can't believe I've lived all these months without my brother.
It only took a text message - sure, a desperate one - and there he was, caring, counseling, with words of wisdom and comfort. With the wonders of FB Chat, he was there for me, as if he'd never left. Lending an ear, and promising to step in and help. He told me exactly what I needed to hear without lying or stretching the truth. He didn't tell me everything was going to be okay, because it's not. But he told me he'd check in on me and that he'd see me on Friday, and we'll work it out then.
It was only eight, or nine minutes, but it was all I needed to feel what I've needed to feel over these past few weeks: protected, looked after, cared for, supported.
Not alone.I can't believe I've lived all these months without my brother.
It only took a text message - sure, a desperate one - and there he was, caring, counseling, with words of wisdom and comfort. With the wonders of FB Chat, he was there for me, as if he'd never left. Lending an ear, and promising to step in and help. He told me exactly what I needed to hear without lying or stretching the truth. He didn't tell me everything was going to be okay, because it's not. But he told me he'd check in on me and that he'd see me on Friday, and we'll work it out then.
It was only eight, or nine minutes, but it was all I needed to feel what I've needed to feel over these past few weeks: protected, looked after, cared for, supported.

No comments:
Post a Comment