Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stranger things have happened, you know.

It's such a normal, classy, cliché, almost cheesy story.
Girl meets boy. Girl likes boy. Girl pursues boy. Girl realises she's being pursued right back. Girl happy.

My days lately have been consumed in thinking about the weekend during classtime, ignoring the abundant pile of homework that only seems to get bigger, rejecting the various overdue assignments, working for a boss that is more broke than me, and still trying to scrounge some money together as to not live off my mom, and not to mention private father drama.

And yet, there was that unfallible smile waiting to happen whenever he walked past, or when my best friend mentioned his name in passing. How is it that love is such an attractive thing to teenagers? We lust after it, hoping it'll make you reach a space in time where you just feel... bliss. 
At times, we find it. It makes us warm, it completes us. The days go by quicker, the sun seems shinier, colours brighter.
And even after the expected heartache that ends all teenage relationships; after the pain, the sorrow, the confusion, the tears... we go looking for it again.
Why is it, when it comes to love, we are at our most resilient?

That's how I have found myself in this situation once again. Sure, I may have learnt from my mistakes, I may be wiser, more experienced... but I still feel like a first-timer. Every experience seems new, every word sends tingles into my skin. Every giggle, every squee, it's all new and exciting. 

And I can't help it. I love the way it makes me feel.

No comments: